The Board of Baseball Victoria is seeking expressions of interest for the following board positions:
- Board Director - Portfolio: Finance
- Board Director - Casual Vacancy
Both positions are voluntary and require the following commitments as a Director:
- Attendance at board meetings, usually held once every two months, between 2 - 2.5 hours in duration. During the pandemic, monthly online meetings have taken place due to the fluidity of the situation.
Note: A balance of face to face and online meetings will continue post-pandemic. The online format may be attractive to those who are regionally based.
- Review of information between meetings for urgent matters.
The position of Board Director (Portfolio: Finance) has additional responsibilities of:
- Chair, Finance Committee
- Monthly meetings
- Oversight, guidance and financial governance
For clarity, this position is not a treasurer’s role - the focus for this position is oversight and strategy development.
Candidates who hold a CPA and hold degrees in accounting and/or finance will be highly regarded. Knowledge of on-field requirements of baseball is not essential.
For the position of Board Director - Casual Vacancy, the Board is seeking candidates with experience in either:
- Baseball knowledge
- Commercial and sponsorship
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your reasons for applying, addressed to Director Meghan Mayman via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 1 March 2021.