Applications are now open for the VicHealth Reimagining Health Grants, a redesigned funding program offering $2.5 million in grants for Victorian community organisations.
VicHealth has merged previous funding opportunities such as Active Club Grants and Partnership grants into this funding stream to simplify the process so organisations can get the support they need as soon as possible.
VicHealth is offering grants of up to $3K, $10K or $50K for local organisations who can support young people (aged 0-25 years) or Victorians experiencing disadvantage, by creating meaningful social connection, providing opportunities for physical activity or by addressing food security issues.
These grants will support both new and existing ideas for projects that reimagine health and wellbeing in these challenging times with the three priority areas of social connection, physical activity and food security. Successful projects must be delivered before November 2021.
Funding is available for essential goods or services directly related to the project, including:
- Equipment, materials or other items (including sporting equipment and uniforms)
- Participant or volunteer support expenses, including costs to reduce barriers to participation
- Short-term project staffing or sub-contracting
- Organisational capacity-building that will contribute to sustained benefit to the community
Some ideas for grassroots baseball clubs include:
- Revamping social media to increase engagement throughout the club community
- Running social gatherings, club nights and presentations in an online format
- Connecting members to wellness apps or dedicated online resources to boost physical activity and healthy living
- Translating marketing materials and offering events catered to different languages and cultures
- Providing MPIO (member protection information officer) training for club volunteers
- Producing training videos to give more people the resources to train at home
- Junior equipment and cleaning regime to reduce barriers to joining baseball
- Food security training and programs
Who can apply?
Community, sporting, cultural, recreational, creative and other not-for-profit organisations planning to undertake activity in Victoria are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible, organisations must have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered as one of the following organisation types:
▪ Incorporated body (legal name commonly includes ‘Association’ or ‘Cooperative’ or ‘Inc.’) or;
▪ Company limited by guarantee (legal name commonly includes ‘Ltd.’), or;
▪ Victorian Local Government Entity
Local sporting organisations and clubs are encouraged to view the grant guidelines and apply before applications close on Tuesday, 27 October at 11:59 PM. Early applications may be assessed and notified of the outcome prior to the closing date, so apply early for the fastest outcome.
Please click HERE to learn more about the VicHealth Reimagining Health Grants and apply today.
For a list of available grants from Sport and Recreation Victoria and other organisations, click HERE.