Get Active Kids Voucher Program
Now more than ever, Victorian kids deserve the chance to get outside, join a club and be active. The Victorian Government is making that happen with the $21 million Get Active Kids Voucher Program.
Applications for Round 3 of the program are now open through Tuesday 30 November 2021 and applicants can claim eligible expenses incurred between 1 January 2021 and 30 November 2021.
The program includes the delivery of up to 100,000 vouchers, which will support eligible kids to get involved in organised sport and recreation activities by providing up to $200 towards the cost of membership and registration fees, sports equipment or uniforms (new or second-hand).
Baseball Victoria welcomes the introduction of this program to assist Victorian families in covering the costs of joining sport and recreation activities. Baseballers will be able to access these vouchers across the entire year for summer and winter competitions to be used for fees, equipment and uniforms.
How does it work?
- The parent, legal guardian, temporary foster or kinship carer of a child can register their children for a voucher towards eligible activities or programs (e.g. for registration, uniforms and new or used equipment costs). For more information about eligible activities or programs visit the Get Active Victoria website – www.getactive.vic.gov.au
- Eligible applicants are required to pay up front for their chosen activity or program and then complete an application form (with copies of their invoice and receipt).
- The applicant is reimbursed up to $200 towards eligible costs (subject to eligibility).
- There are 100,000 vouchers available over the duration of the program.
Who is eligible to apply?
- The parent, legal guardian, temporary foster or kinship carer of a child who is the holder of a valid Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with named dependents can apply.
- To be eligible kids need to be 0 to 18 years old and reside in Victoria.
- If an individual or family is experiencing financial hardship as a result of an unforeseen situation, they may be eligible, without an Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card. This will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- The program will be delivered across four rounds from 1 March 2021 until 17 April 2022.
- Applications for vouchers in Round 3 of the program close on Tuesday 30 November 2021 and applicants can claim eligible expenses incurred between 1 January 2021 and 30 November 2021.
To find out more view:
- The program website - www.getactive.vic.gov.au/vouchers
- The program guidelines – https://www.getactive.vic.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Get-Active-Kids-Voucher-Program-Guidelines-February-2021.pdf
If you have any additional questions that cannot be answered via the above information, please email email@example.com.