Baseball Victoria is now calling for applications for the coaching positions for the 2014 State Little League and Junior League Programs.
Applications are now open for the following positions:
1. Coaching Staff (Head and Assistant Coaches)
2. Little League and Junior League Charter Coordinator (Team Mangers)
We are seeking the above appointments for the below programs:
Junior League Program
This will be the inaugural State Junior League Championship.
The Junior League program has replaced the U14 National Championships, with charters now participating in a State Championship with the winner going through to participate at National Championships as they have done for the last seven (7) years within the Little League Age group.
The Junior League State Championships will be held from 23 – 25 January 2015.
This program will begin in late November 2014.
Little League Major Program
This will be the 8th year of the Little League Program. In the past, the top three teams from the State Championships have gone on to participate in the National Championships, with the winner of the National Championships going on to Williamsport to represent Australia at the Little League World Series.
The Little League State Championships will be held from 10 – 12 April 2015.
This program will begin in February 2015.
Little League Minor Program
This will be the inaugural year of Baseball Victoria running a Little League Minor Program.
This program provides more participants an opportunity to participate in great events as well as providing a pathway for players to aim and strive for. This program will be used as a development program for participants eligible for the Little League Major program in future years.
This Championship will be held from 10 – 12 April 2015.
This program will begin in February/March 2015.
1. Coaching Staff
The coaches are responsible for delivering and monitoring all aspects of their respective team in collaboration with Baseball Victoria. Some key responsibilities include:
· Execution of all team training programs for all athletes
· Setting team objectives / outcomes in consultation with Baseball Victoria
· Monitoring / evaluating game, individual player, team and coaching staff outcomes
· Coordinating day to day playing activities
A detailed Position Description accompanies this advertisement.
2. Charter Coordinators (Team Managers)
The Charter Coordinators will work with Baseball Victoria and the Head Coach to administer and Coordinate the Little League or Junior League Program within the Charter. Some key responsibilities include:
· Advertising tryouts to all clubs in your charter
· Liaising with all clubs in your charter and seeking their support and co-operation
· Organising trials/trainings venues
· Managing the team at the State Championships
A detailed Position Description accompanies this memo.
· Hold a current membership with a Baseball Victoria club
· Hold a current Working with Children Card prior to applying
· Hold a current Driver's License
· Uphold all parts of the ABF and Baseball Victoria Code of Conduct
· Complete the forms required by both the Baseball Victoria and ABF
· Wear the required uniform and clothing as stipulated and directed by Baseball Victoria
Applications close on Friday 7th November 2014. All applications to be forwarded to Ashley Blair at email@example.com
The venues for the championships will be announced within the next week.