The Diamond Creek Baseball Club is seeking the services of an experienced baseball coach for the 2016 Winter season.
The club enters teams in the B, B Reserve, and EE grades of the MWBL. We are a small, family orientated club looking to grow and develop its player base and secure long term success within our division.
Position requirements of the coach:
· Facilitate effective mid-week Club training sessions during the Winter season;
· Design and deliver a comprehensive pre-season training plan for the Club;
· Manage the firsts on game day;
· Support and assist selected coaches of other grades;
· Help encourage the continued development of the club's very successful junior program;
· Conduct selection meetings once a week;
· Implement a season training programme that caters for a wide variety of skills right across the club;
· Attend all club functions and take an active leadership role within the club.
Key Selection Criteria
The applicant should:
· Have appropriate coaching qualifications and have coaching experience at a junior or senior level;
· Have highly developed communication skills;
· Be able to lead the club with pride and maturity both on and off the field;
· Have the ability to work with all players regardless of standard and skill level in a professional manner;
· Be able to maintain the high integrity of the club at all times;
· Be able to provide input into the long term strategic direction and planning of the club.
The position would be subject to a contract with remuneration to be negotiated with the committee.
Please forward your application addressing the Key Selection Criteria to email or contact Club President Dean Malcolm on 0438 569 211 for further details. Applications are due by COB 1 December.