Applications are open for the next round of funding through the Sport and Recreation Victoria Sporting Club Grants Program. The application deadline has been extended to Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
According to the Sport and Recreation Victoria website, these grants can assist in the purchase of sports uniforms and equipment and be used to improve the capacity and accessibility of Victorian clubs and other community sport and recreation organisations to increase the skills of their coaches, officials and managers.
The program has five funding categories:
Category 1: Uniforms or Equipment
Grants up to $1000 to purchase uniforms or equipment, including first aid equipment, essential for participation.
Category 2: Skill Development
Grants to improve the skills of organisation members by providing training for coaches, officials, administration staff and management committees.
- Up to $2,000 for individual organisations.
- Up to $5,000 for leagues, associations or an organisation that collaborates with multiple organisations to deliver training for a broad range of participants.
Category 3: Organisation Operational Capacity
Grants up to $5000 to improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of organisations through strategic planning or, to increase community participation through accessible sport and active recreation opportunities such as pilot programs.
Category 4: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Recovery
Grants to provide support to sport and active recreation organisations to be COVIDSafe and assist with return to play costs and initiatives, including:
- Up to $2,000 for community sporting and active recreation clubs.
- Up to $5,000 for leagues and associations affiliated with recognised state sporting associations or state sport and recreation bodies.
Category 5: Community Sport Event Support
- Grants of $2,000 for Victorian sport and active recreation organisations with a payroll of up to $3 million to compensate for irrecoverable costs greater than $2,000 arising directly from the cancellation or postponement of events during the five-day circuit breaker lockdown from 13 to 17 February 2021.
Community organisations delivering sport and active recreation programs anywhere in Victoria may apply, with applications closing Tuesday, 11 May 2021 at 5:00pm or until funding is exhausted.
16 Victorian baseball clubs were successful in the 2019/20 and 2020/21 rounds. Click HERE to view all previous Sporting Club Grant recipients.
Clubs are invited to consider this funding opportunity and how it could make a difference during these uncertain times.
“Coronavirus restrictions had a heavy impact on community sport and that’s why we’re proud to provide this support that opens up a range of opportunities on and off the field for clubs and their members," Minister for Community Sport Ros Spence said. “We want community clubs to come back better than ever and this boost will go a long way towards helping clubs, coaches, athletes and officials get back in the game.”
“I encourage all local clubs to grasp this opportunity and I look forward to seeing even more local participants get their chance to take their sport to a new level.”
Please click HERE to learn more about the Sporting Club Grants Program and apply today on the Sport and Recreation Victoria website.
For a list of available grants from Sport and Recreation Victoria and other organisations, click HERE.