Following the updates to COVID-19 restrictions announced by Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews on Saturday, 20 June 2020, Baseball Victoria has been working with our sporting colleagues, VIC Sport and Sport & Recreation Victoria, to qualify several aspects of the government announcements. There is additional information that has been provided today, Wednesday 24 June 2020.
The Victorian Government has now clarified that some aspects of community sport were allowed to return beginning from 11:59 PM on Sunday, 21 June, including:
- Monday, 22 June through Sunday, 12 July 2020
- Adults will continue to train in groups of 20 people plus two coaching staff, while maintaining social distancing and non-contact training (i.e. there can be two groups of 20 people training at the same time, plus their coaching staff);
- Juniors will be able to recommence full contact training and competition;
- Batting cages and indoor facilities can be used in groups no more than 20, subject to the square meterage rules;
- Changerooms and facilities can be used while maintaining social distancing and can have no more than 20 people.
This clarification of 20 people per group returns to the restrictions that we had in place last week, allowing us to continue full training in anticipation of a return to full contact senior training and competition.
The Sport and Recreation Victoria website has also been updated today to note:
- From mid-July – subject to the advice of Victoria’s Chief Health Officer and the continued management of the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), adults can resume full-contact training from 13 July and full-contact competition from 20 July.
Baseball Victoria will continue to work with the Winter Associations and Clubs to prepare for a recommencement of the winter seasons based on these tentative dates, acknowledging that these dates are fluid and updates continue to occur daily.
Following on from the previous announcements, Junior Winter Competition details are currently being finalised by the Winter Associations and will be updated via their communication channels. Click HERE to view Winter Association details.
Baseball Victoria continues to liaise with the Victorian Summer Baseball League Clubs to confirm the commencement dates and details for summer baseball.
Members are reminded that to Return to Activity you must register – click HERE to select your club from the Baseball Victoria Website and complete your registration.
The Baseball Victoria COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions have been updated – click HERE to review the changes.
Baseball Victoria will update the Return to Activity/Play Plan to assist baseball clubs throughout this transition. Click HERE to view the current guidelines and other club resources.
If you have any questions please contact Baseball Victoria, with full contact details available HERE.
As a reminder, the COVIDSafe app is now available and will allow authorities to quickly track and control the spread of COVID-19. Please consider downloading the app to help save lives, protect the community and get baseball back as soon as possible. Click HERE to learn more.
For up-to-date information on keeping your family safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website HERE.
All further updates from Baseball Victoria will be available on the Baseball Victoria website and will also be communicated by the Baseball Victoria social media channels.