The Victorian Government is helping Victorian kids get outside and be active with applications now open for the third round of the $21 million Get Active Kids Voucher Program.
Over 22,600 vouchers have been distributed across the initial two rounds of the program and changes to the eligibility criteria in Round 3 will help even more Victorian families access the program.
In a very challenging time for the sporting sector and Victorian families, the Get Active Kids Vouchers Program will continue to help families doing it tough pay for sporting memberships and registration fees, uniforms and equipment.
A reminder that to be eligible, children must be Victorian residents, aged 18 and under and named on a valid health care card or pensioner concession card, as well as a Medicare card.
Additionally, special consideration also applies for children residing in care services as well as temporary or provisional visa holders, undocumented migrants or international students.
What’s new in Round 3?
- The age eligibility has been expanded to include children aged 0 – 18 (previously 4-18). This will allow young children to access life-saving learn to swim programs and other programs to help develop fundamental movement skills.
- Applicants can now apply for one voucher per child in each round of the program (previously it was a limit of two vouchers per child across the four rounds).
- Eligible expenditure dates will again be backdated to 1 January 2021.
Round 3 key dates
- Applications in Round 3 of the program close at 5pm on Tuesday 30 November 2021.
- Eligible expenditure dates in Round 3 are from 1 January 2021 – 30 November 2021.
Click HERE to learn more and apply today.