In accordance with the updated Victorian State Government easing of COVID-19 restrictions, Baseball Victoria confirms that as at 10:00 AM on Monday, 1 June 2020, the number of people allowed at a baseball activity will increase from 10 athletes to 20 athletes.
Further to the alternation of the shutdown timelines that enabled Baseball Victoria’s Return to Activity on Monday, 25 May 2020, these changes allow training to expand with additional athletes as all of the social distancing rules remain in effect.
On Friday, 29 May, Saturday, 30 May and Sunday, 31 May 2020, all clubs and members must adhere to the restrictions currently in place: there are to be no more than 10 athletes per group, plus two coaches. Any club found to be hosting groups larger than 10 athletes will be in breach of the applicable rules and will be dealt with under the Baseball Victoria By-Laws and Baseball Victoria Member Protection Policy.
Clubs that Return to Activity, whom have not done so, must provide the Return to Activity Club Checklist before training commences.
Updated restrictions that go into effect on Monday, 1 June 2020 at 10:00 AM are as follows:
- Training is extended to 20 athletes and two coaching staff per training session.
- The use of clubrooms, changerooms, showers and covered batting cages are not allowed. The only indoor club facilities that may be used are toilets.
- Clubs need to continue with the application of hygiene measures to return to on-field training.
- All clubs must adhere to the maximum of 20 athletes and two coaching staff per training group.
- There can be two groups of 20 athletes on the field, one in the diamond and one in the outfield with approximately 20 metres in between them.
- Each group may have 20 athletes with two coaching staff; the groups are able to swap positions on the field, but they must remain in the original groups of 20 athletes.
- Groundskeepers, parents and other club members may not be on the field during training, otherwise they will count toward the maximum number of people.
- All athletes and coaches must use hand sanitiser before, during and after training. Hand sanitiser must be reapplied every 20 minutes during training.
- Clubs will only have access to the field and toilets. Parents will be able to attend training with children in limited numbers while maintaining social distancing.
- All training will be conducted so that there is no personal contact and appropriate space between participants.
- All players, coaches and committee members need to register with SportsTG to Return to Activity. Click HERE for Winter Return to Activity Registration by club.
- Non-essential baseball activity other than training in groups of up to 20 people is still restricted. Committee meetings and non-essential gatherings are not permitted.
- We have prepared a list of frequently asked questions in relation to this kind of training. Click HERE for the list of frequently asked questions.
“Victorians have remained committed to flattening the curve and stopping the spread of COVID-19, and we appreciate the patience of our Victorian baseball community during this time,” Baseball Victoria CEO Kristie Middleton said. “We are pleased to confirm more easing of restrictions, however, we must remind all clubs and members that it is absolutely essential to follow all guidelines, including social distancing and personal hygiene measures. The health and wellbeing of our participants and greater community depends on our continued caution and social distancing in line with advice from government and health officials.”
Baseball Victoria will continue to review how long these training options will be available before we return to competition play, and we are working with the winter associations to establish how the winter season could be moved into shorter timeframes and what the associated costs would be.
Baseball Victoria will continue to monitor the situation and consult with State and Federal Governments and our state and territory counterparts to establish the safest strategy for returning to baseball play.
Members are reminded that to Return to Activity you must register – click HERE to select your club from the Baseball Victoria Website and complete your registration.
The Baseball Victoria COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions have been updated – click HERE to review the changes as they will apply from Monday, 1 June 2020 at 10:00 AM.
Baseball Victoria has also updated the Return to Activity/Play Plan to assist baseball clubs throughout this transition. Click HERE to view the guidelines and other club resources.
If you have any questions please contact Baseball Victoria, with full contact details available HERE.
As a reminder, the COVIDSafe app is now available and will allow authorities to quickly track and control the spread of COVID-19. Please consider downloading the app to help save lives, protect the community and get baseball back as soon as possible. Click HERE to learn more.
For up-to-date information on keeping your family safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website HERE.
All further updates from Baseball Victoria will be available on the Baseball Victoria website and will also be communicated by the Baseball Victoria social media channels.